Thread: AFS 3400 EM - engine monitor only users

AFS 3400 EM - engine monitor only users

How many AFS3400EM (only) users are out there?

How are you calculating your %HP? The Engine Monitor function for %HP is only good at Sea Level and the current software won't take advantage of your GPS-input altitude to perform the calculation.

They tell me to 'use the charts' meanwhile.

It was actually one of the features that helped me decide to buy this unit after I gave up on my "JPI-enhanced" VM1000.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the unit that I have and it does everything else that I ask of it. I just want to find out how everyone else out there is doing this - or if they even knew it is an issue with the EM-only units.

Thanks

Percent of power was important to me as well when we bought the 3500. The information become less important as I got to know my engine and flying machine. The gauge works with a look-up table and Percent of Power will depend on the engine you use. I'm running an IO360-B1B from AeroSport Power and requested an enlarged power chart from them for that engine. (Couldn't read the chart in the book.) I translated that into a Xcel worksheet and loaded it into my 3500 EFS via the memory chip. Seems to work just fine. A couple, three years ago i gave a copy of that file to Rob while at Oshkosh but don't know what he did with it.

Hi Gunny, do you have that document in electronic form still? If you are willing to share, can you e-mail it to me?
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

Gunny,
    I would like to have a copy also if you still have it.....additionally, some gouge on how you loaded it in to your 3500.
    recapen(at)earthlink(dot)net.
    SemperFi!