Thread: Some questions ... replacing 4500 with 5400? Cables and AHRS...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
    About the Vans bracket, I wouldn't worry about the rivets, the screws are probably fine too. There are nonmagnetic alloys of stainless steel, so ferrous and ferromagnetic are not synonymous. If you're worried, Dynon recommends using brass hardware to mount the ADAHRS.

The SV-ADAHRS-200 is not compatible with your AF-4500, so consideration of relative merits here should really be between the quick fix of getting a replacement AFS AHRS for your AF-4500, or going down the more substantial road of upgrading to an AF-5400. If you upgrade to an AF-4500, you should absolutely use the SV-ADAHRS-200. The latter will bring many improvements that will set the aircraft up better for the future, but it will also be a more expensive and involved installation.

Hi Jonathon: I've pretty much already committed in my mind to the 5400. In fact, Tricia has been working on a quote for me, slowed by the Thanksgiving holiday....hoping to hear from her yet today maybe tomorrow to get a handle of the cost of this upgrade. Thanks for the advice on the Dynon AHRS...that's the way I'll likely go. I've just ordered the bracket from Van's.

Do I need to change out the EFIS wiring harness to a DB15 connector on the 5400 end?

Quote Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
    Hi Jonathon: I've pretty much already committed in my mind to the 5400. In fact, Tricia has been working on a quote for me, slowed by the Thanksgiving holiday....hoping to hear from her yet today maybe tomorrow to get a handle of the cost of this upgrade. Thanks for the advice on the Dynon AHRS...that's the way I'll likely go. I've just ordered the bracket from Van's.

Do I need to change out the EFIS wiring harness to a DB15 connector on the 5400 end?
    Heh...that was quick. The pricing worksheet from Tricia just hit my email.