Thread: Fpm

Fpm

I do not have a gps connected to my EFIS.
    My question is that the FPM actually gets in the way of the two delta pointers and obscures my vision of the pointers while i am doing instrument training (night rating)
    How necessary is this FPM and can it be removed?
    Is this advisable?
    Any thoughts would be great.

What model EFIS do you have?

There are a number of features and calculations that are based on having a GPS, why don't you have one connected?

What is a "delta pointer"?

Are you talking about removing the Vertical Speed tape and readout? that is extremely important when flying IFR
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Hi Rob,
    I am referrring to the Flight Path Marker (FPM)
    Below it there are two triangles that point to the FPM that indicate the pitch above or below the horizon.
    I like to look at those two triangles but the green FPM is always in the way.
    that is why i asked if we could remove the FPM?
    Model 3500

I guess the "Delta Pointers" you are talking about are the V-bar flight director symbols. Aligning the white V-bar with the coloured one will have you following the desired navigation selection you have made (HDG, ILS, VNAV, GPS track etc.). The FPM tells you where the aircraft is going in a three dimensional way and is very useful feature. In a nutshell, the flight director is a command indication which if followed correctly, will have you flying the track and profile you have programmed/selected. The FPM is an informational indication showing you where the aircraft is moving through space.
    I believe you can only switch the flight director on and off and the FPM will always be shown.
    Last edited by Mounz; 03-07-2014 at 01:50 AM.

EFIS >SETTINGS>MORE>TARGET should let turn it ON and OFF
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

thnaks Rob for that Info.
    What a pleasure ,,... now i can see the attitude clearly