Thread: Loss of GPS Data to EFIS

Loss of GPS Data to EFIS

I have been using my AF-3500 for the last four years, connected to a Garmin 496. Until today, the nav data from the 496 would show up on the EFIS screen when a waypoint was entered. Today, when I entered my home field as a direct to waypoint, the bearing line showed up on the EFIS, but not the pink course line or distance data. Any thoughts on the partial loss of functionality?

I'm also having problems with high fuel pressure readings. We replaced the last fuel pressure sender a few months ago when the same problems occurred, but the new sender seems to have the same problems. The pressure reading goes back to the normal, lower level if I turn the electric boost pump on. Once again, any thoughts?

Are you sure you had a good GPS lock when you started the Direct To? If the system does not know where you are it will not draw the course line.

What type of sensor do you have?

If it is a single wire sensor you may be having issues with the ground. Try making a new ground wire by crimping a ring terminal to one end and then clamp the ring terminal to the case of the sensor with a hose clamp. Connect the other end of the wire to a good aircraft ground. If the problem persists please let us know.