Thread: Map Data 1402

Map Data 1402

I downloaded and extracted AFS 5500 Map/Ter/Vec data 1402 using full download to my computer, then copied the three files to my SD card with AFS SD (G label as I normally do. I took it to the RV-8, stuck it in the slot, turned the 5500 on using Master Switch, selected Set, and Cal for two seconds, went to Transfer Files screen, selected and hit Start. I got the normal three green bars showing downloading percent. After each transfered I hit Back/Back and while it rebooted I removed the SD Card. When normal screen came up I Checked the data in About and Map and it showed I had Map Data 1402 2/6/14 to 3/6/14 along with Terrain3 and Vector4, BUT...........when Map was selected the right portion of the screen had roads and lakes showing but no map data. I could select Sectionals and IFR Low, but App Plates icon was gray and would not bring up plates and Airports said "Initializing" but never produced an Airport Diagram. Everything worked normal when I had 1401 loaded. I did it all over again with same results. Is there something wrong with 1402 data?

Stu McCurdy

stu,
    i have a 4500 but a similar problem with no map data so i think there is an issue. i reinstalled the old map data file.
    alan

I redid the download and it is now fixed. Larry

I believe all of the map issues have been resolved. The repaired map file was posted Friday, around 12pm so please download it again if you got it before then. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by chardks View Post
    I believe all of the map issues have been resolved. The repaired map file was posted Friday, around 12pm so please download it again if you got it before then. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    I Downloaded again from the AFS site, took the SD to the plane, re-transferred to the 5500..............now I have Map Data on Map and have App Plates and Airport Diagrams back. So guess it was a bad 1402 which has been corrected. Thanks.

Stu McCurdy