Thread: New software update coming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Servus Christian
    Do you know anything more than we do regarding publishing date? I am getting a bit frustrated that the deadlines and content isn't kept. Not that it is critical but since the 5000 series is out I don't feel like a valued customer anymore.
    Regards
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Servus Christian
    Do you know anything more than we do regarding publishing date? I am getting a bit frustrated that the deadlines and content isn't kept. Not that it is critical but since the 5000 series is out I don't feel like a valued customer anymore.
    Regards
    Michael
    Frustrated as well, but to be fair, Rob did not say what year in his post. I was looking at doing the swap to the 5400, but concerned the support for that box will go the same way as the 4500, and I am out more $$$. More communication would be better on this than less. Provide status updates, what will be included, what testing still needs to be done. Then we would not feel like the red headed step children.

Servus Christian
    Regards
    Michael
    Don't have a date, but it's coming soon...
    Just wondering why you get so upset. The actual 4500 software works stable and updates are free of charge.
    Christian
    Lancair 390 OE-CCM
    AFS 4500EEA - AFS Pilot
    Austria / Europe
    www.lancair.at

Servus Christian
    Regards
    Michael
    Software always takes a lot longer than anyone thinks it will. We have been extremely busy trying to get the software finished in the AF-5000 to support all the Dynon modules and it is taking longer than we expected. I have flown more hours using the AF-4500 than anyone in the world, I even did all my instrument training and passed the IFR check ride using them without any problems.

This is what we said we would do:

1. Software to control the AF-Pilot from the EFIS screen with AP Engage and AP Disengage audio alerts.
    2. AP/FD mode display similar to the AF-5000

Michael since you are the most vocal of the three people complaining and in Europe I am putting you in charge of getting us a FLARM unit to test with, please let me know when it is available.
    3. Change FLARM interface from Garmin TIS to dedicated FLARM format.

4. Better handling for non unique Map identifiers
    5. Larger Vertical speed tape
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Great Features

This is what we said we would do:

1. Software to control the AF-Pilot from the EFIS screen with AP Engage and AP Disengage audio alerts.
    2. AP/FD mode display similar to the AF-5000
    3. Change FLARM interface from Garmin TIS to dedicated FLARM format.
    4. Better handling for non unique Map identifiers
    5. Larger Vertical speed tape[/QUOTE]

Rob.

These features sound great and thanks for listening about the VS tape. Looking forward to them! I'm also excited about the AP alerts.
    Any chance of moving the air data in from the sides a little on the EFIS only and EFIS/Engine pages, similar to the 5000 series? I hand flew my instrument renewal yesterday in mod turbulence and without prompting, yet another experienced pilot/testing officer suggested the same. (VS tape and Air Data inwards) I told her I had already requested these features.

Flight over Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House still on offer (With or without software improvements!)

Kevin.