Thread: Aoa display on icon 5

Aoa display on icon 5

ROB,
    Just saw the video on the AOA ON THE ICON 5. it is a really neat display. much more intuitive than the pro.
    would it be possible to do the same type of display on AFS?
    Alan

I just had a discussion with Van on Monday morning and he was telling me how intuitive our display is. I really did not think the ICON display was more intuitive.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

well i guess it is a matter of opinion. i like where it is positioned as well.
    alan

We have a glare shield mount for our AoA Pro that mounts it in the exact same location, we have been selling them for 10 years. Vans personal RV10 has our AoA Pro mounted just like the ICON video. The ICON has a green, yellow, and red band that the wing moves in, our AOA Pro has a green, yellow and red band that shows critical AOA, best approach, and best glide.

How much would you be willing to pay for a remote mount display just like the ICON? ICON just raised another $
    60m, we should be able to do it for a lot less than that.
    Rob Hickman

Rob,
    I have the AOA pro on my 4500. It displays on the upper left of the screen. It is not directly in my line of vision. i like the ICON central location.
    The display differences between best glide and best approach are very subtle.
    Could the display be moved to the center of the screen?
    Alan

If we move it to the middle of the display it will cover the magnetic heading and top of the DG.

Since you already have the wing plumbing you can purchase our AOA Pro B Kit for $1095 and mount it on your glare shield. This will give you a large separate display and you can mount it just like the ICON.
    Rob Hickman