Thread: Fuel Calibration on RV10

Fuel Calibration on RV10

I just tried to calibrate the fuel tanks on my RV10. Firstly, somehow Tank 1 and Tank 2 are reversed. Is there anyway to change which is the left and which is the right tank in the software (I suspect not and I will need to change the wiring). Also, the AD value declines as more fuel is added. I read elsewhere on the forum that this is not a problem.

However, the other problem I encountered is that the AD value does not change between 3/4 and Full (I have the standard Van's floats). I decided to use 5 calibration points (empty, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, Full). My guess is that this is common to RV tank floats. Any suggestion on what I should do...just use the same value for 3/4 for the Full calibration point?

Firstly, somehow Tank 1 and Tank 2 are reversed. Is there anyway to change which is the left and which is the right tank in the software (I suspect not and I will need to change the wiring).

Nope, you need to swap the wires at the plug.

AD value declines as more fuel is added. I read elsewhere on the forum that this is not a problem.

That is normal for Van's Tanks.

However, the other problem I encountered is that the AD value does not change between 3/4 and Full (I have the standard Van's floats). I decided to use 5 calibration points (empty, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, Full). My guess is that this is common to RV tank floats.

Above about 2/3 full the sender is covered in fuel and does not see any change. In my RV-10 it does it at 20 gallons.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.