Thread: Fuel flow readout not stable.

Fuel flow readout not stable.

This is a continuation of a previous thread, but probably worth it's own thread.

Rather than the AFS Fuel flow sensor, I'm using the Dynon one as I did a panel upgrade and changed from Dynon to AFS.
    The K-factor for the Dynon supplied fuel flow sensor should be between 290 and 320. In my case 290 was a little too low and 320 gets very close.

The problem is that the fuel readout is not stable. It changes so rapidly that it is almost unusable. Can this be changed or updated in the next software release? I used to use it for leaning purposes, but cannot do that with the current AFS setup. The Dynon provided a nice stable (and extremely accurate) readout, so it must be possible using this sensor.

I am using the "Dynon" fuel-flow sensor without any difficulties.

John Goldsmith (RV-7A, sensor located between the electric fuel pump and the firewall)

K-factor

What is your K-factor? Do you have a picture of your installation? Mine is installed between the fuel filter and the firewall as well and the readout was stable on the Dynon (and the RMI engine monitor before that), so I assume installation is not a problem.

In the latest software release, fuel readout seems to be more stable.

Arjan (?),

Sorry, I've been away for a bit. My k-factor is 302, within a percent or so of where it needs to be (if anything, I have a tad more fuel left than it indicates, which is okay with me). I don't have a photo handy, but it's roughly half-way between the (injected) fuel-filter assembly and the firewall, in the middle of a straight run (which is why it's there).

John