Thread: Installation Photos...

Installation Photos...

Anyone know where I can see some installation photos? I want to see where all the different items that came with my AFS are mounted. I have the dual AF-4500's. Thanks.

- Matt

What specifically are you looking for? With the exception of the red cube fuel sensor everything is pretty straight forward. I can take some photos if you are having problems with a specific device.

Bob
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

I am thinking about the ARINC adapter, Red fuel cube, Ammeter Shunt and Secondary Ammeter Hall Sensor, any other device that needs to be mounted.

Hi idleup,

For an RV-7A tip-up, I couldn't find a reasonably nice and convenient place to mount the unit. I ended mounting it to the bottom of the EFIS itself (4500) using two 3/8" wide (I think) strips of 3M brand marine hook-and-loop (ie Velcro) from West Marine. I'd used this stuff in the past for a GPS mount on a motorcycle and it's going on well past 10 yrs. With the ARINC attached to the 4500, the assembly is still able to slide in and out of the bezel. IIRC, there's ~1/8" gap to allow for air circulation, also.

For the red fuel cube, are you carb or injected?

Name:  abj.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  47.5 KB

Regards,
    /\/elson

I am fuel injected. I am also trying to figure out where to mount the fuel injection components (it is an Airflow Performance).

- Matt

There are many different opinions on red cube placement. Many prefer between the fuel controller and the spider. Many of those of us with RV-10s have it mounted near the forward bottom of the engine. I'll be mounting mine during my next work session, but will be very close to where Rob has it on his 10. Rob has a picture on the forum someplace, but I don't have the link handy. This location helps to dampen the pluses when the fuel pump is on.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler