Thread: ADS-B for 4500

ADS-B for 4500

Rob,
    I've held off on a ads-b. For the 4500 what are you recommending? Navworks or free flight?Which is easiest to install?
    Any advice appreciated.
    Alan

I can only say that after installing 2 (1 4500--1 5600) of the Navworx units they seem fairly easy to install and we are very pleased with the units. We purchased Navworx because it was an IN and OUT so we have BOTH weather and traffic and it was before Free flight was available. After looking at Free flight it seems that if you compare the IN and OUT box it should be a similiar install because the same info is required. The basic box appears to be weather only and more equipment would be needed for traffic. This just food for thought, I am sure that they are both very good boxes. It looks like they are now bothTSO'd. Ether way it is nice to have the info but the ground stations are still lacking in some parts of the USA. Larry

larry,
    thanks.i have a 330 transponder. debating whether i should upgrade it to ES.
    alan

TSO'ed

Is the Navworx transceiver now TSO'ed? The website doesn't mention that. I know they are working on it.

A friend was at SNF and was told at the Navworx booth that in about 3 weeks they will start accepting our units back for updating the firmware and make it a TSO'd version.

I have a 330 as well but thought the cost of making it an ES was quite high so Just went with the Navworx box instead. My pal did the same. There seems to be a lot of options out there which makes it hard to decide what is the best route to go. Larry
    Last edited by larco; 04-24-2013 at 03:51 AM.