Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "ARINC: NA" on ABOUT Screen

"ARINC: NA" on ABOUT Screen

When I bring up the ABOUT screen on my EF4500, it reports "ARINC: NA" in the Version Info section. All ARINC-429 functions seem to be working fine though - GPS, VOR, OBS, A/P, etc. I went to reload the ARINC software and on that screen it reports the ARINC sw version 4.0 correctly before and after the software load. The only screen that doesn't work correctly seems to be the ABOUT screen.

I had just updated the system software to S08.08.02-MV15 (from S08.07.10-MV15) so, thinking that may have caused the problem, I reloaded the older version. No help, so I again loaded the newest version. It had been working correctly in the past, but I don't really know when this problem started because I don't check the ABOUT screen very often.

What could be the cause of the ABOUT screen not reporting the ARINC sw version correctly, but everything else working as it should?

I have a couple of screen shots, but I am unable to post them from my work computer.

I'm stumped...

Depending on when power is applied to the ARINC module it might not show up, it was the same on the old software. Try turning off and back on the power to the ARINC module while you are on the EFIS about page.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Thanks, Rob.

I'll try that when I get home from work today. Both the EF4500 and the ARINC module are powered by the same circuit breaker. Since the EF4500 has internal battery backup, I should be able to toggle power to the ARINC module by toggling the circuit breaker. This works to load the ARINC module software.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hickman View Post
    Depending on when power is applied to the ARINC module it might not show up, it was the same on the old software. Try turning off and back on the power to the ARINC module while you are on the EFIS about page.
    I tried this, but still get "ARINC: NA". ARINC GPS and VOR diagnostics pass.

Name:  SS031301.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  22.3 KB

Paul Winkels

Yup, the same here. After installing the 080802 update arinc shows NA but the indicators seem to work normally. 4500X2 Larry

Something I see but so fast I cannot tell for sure what it is. Right before the I agree flag appears, the very last sentence says something about blank? would not stop. I just don't remember seeing this before, it appears odd??
    Last edited by larco; 03-14-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Yeah, I don't know if it's related, but after installing 8.8.02 I get an error message on boot up on both screens briefly just before the "I Agree" screen, "omap_wpt: Unexpected close, Not Stopping!" I did not have this message before.

Paul

The "omap_wpt: Unexpected close, Not Stopping!" is not an error. It is just a message that gets thrown up by the OS when the primary application kills the watchdog daemon. This version takes control of the watchdog for better fault recovery.

OK. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not a Linux expert, but that makes sense.

Paul

I will look into it, there may be a problem with the ABOUT page refresh. If the ARINC GPS/VOR test works then you are OK. Additionally, there hasn't been an ARINC software change in over two years so the chance that you have the wrong version is very slim.

In general, the ARINC version is only displayed on the screen with a serial port function set to ARINC and that serial port assigned to a GPS/NAV Data Source. The ARINC supplied GPS/NAV Data Sources are considered primary and should always be the first in the list. Assigning an SL-30 or NMEA GPS as your primary GPS/NAV Data Source may cause this reporting error. Also, ARINC adapters used for autopilot output only do not show their version on the ABOUT screen.

FYI, I think I have had ARINC S/W version 4.0 since new and don't recall ever needing to update it. I get the "ARINC: NA" on the EF4500 screen with the serial port (4) set to ARINC and that serial port is assigned to my GNS-430W and is the primary GPS/NAV Data Source.

Paul