Thread: Latest Software - Flight Director Stopped Operating

Latest Software - Flight Director Stopped Operating

Has anyone had this problem or could suggest a course of action? Upon installing the latest ARINC and Unit software for my 3500, the flight director hased ceased to operate. Specifically, the altitude bug. The Digiflight VSII ALT function remains on "FLG". I only tested Altitude following as I was passing through heading commands from the Garmin 530 succesfully. It all worked before upgrading the software.

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    Has anyone had this problem or could suggest a course of action? Upon installing the latest ARINC and Unit software for my 3500, the flight director hased ceased to operate. Specifically, the altitude bug. The Digiflight VSII ALT function remains on "FLG". I only tested Altitude following as I was passing through heading commands from the Garmin 530 succesfully. It all worked before upgrading the software.
    On my last flight I also had a problem going from "FLG" to "ARM". I didn't have time to investigate it further. I hope there isn't a real problem here. WX permitting, I hope to be able to fly again this weekend to check it out more.
    Gary Blankenbiller
    RV-10 N2GB

I had the same problem. Lateral modes were ok but the vertical wouldn't respond. Ron told me that the autopilot software needed to be updated. I sent it to Trutrak and they updated my controller to software version 2.36. I have a DIGIFLIGHT II VSGV. There was no charge for the update. They installed some mods, white LED front board, recalibrated airspeed along with the magnetometer and bench tested it. I only paid for the shipping to Trutrak. They had it a couple of days and it was back in less than a week. I flew it today and it works great! The first leg I was disappointed how it was acting but the last two legs it was like old times and even better.

What is the "white LED front board" mod?

Quote Originally Posted by rykster View Post
    What is the "white LED front board" mod?
    With time, the older green front boards will start having problems. There will be horizontal lines of pixels that will stop working so reading the text will become a little difficult.
    Gary Blankenbiller
    RV-10 N2GB

So there is an option to replace the green LEDs with white ones?
    I'd be interested in that, as I don't much like the green look.

Quote Originally Posted by rykster View Post
    So there is an option to replace the green LEDs with white ones?
    I'd be interested in that, as I don't much like the green look.
    Yes. Give them a call. When you do, make sure you ask them about the upgraded software that will be in the returned unit. Make sure you understand the changes.
    Gary Blankenbiller
    RV-10 N2GB

Thanks. It looks like we all have the same problem. This will be the second time I have to send it back to Tru Trak. The first time was for a failing screen. I also have the DIGIFLIGHT II VSGV.