Thread: AF-4000s Software Release Notes

AF-4000s Software Release Notes

AF-4000 Release Notes

Vs8.07.10-MV15 08/20/2012

Fixes for NMEA_ICARUS and AVTN_ICARUS serial functions.

Vs8.07.08-MV15 08/03/2012

Fixed Problem with pitch adjust.

Increased font size for checklist screen.

Vs8.07.06-MV15 07/16/2012

Aviation RS-232 output fixes to support Trio Autopilot.

Fixed problem with flight director climbing above horizon.

Vs8.07.05-MV15 07/06/2012

Disabled broken ADS-B TFR processing. (fix comming soon)

Fix for XM, TFR data sensitivity and Recovery measures for bad WX data.

Vs8.07.01-MV15 06/19/2012

ADSB TAF fix to handle TAF.AMD products.

Support for AFS AHRS.

Vs8.06.33-MV15 06/15/2012

Fixed Text size for dual voltage display.

Fixed 'WX Module Config' to be 'XMWX Module Config' for clarity.

Fixed XM TFR drawing issues.

Vs8.06.32-MV15 05/25/2012

Re-implemented storing of old XM data for faster acquisition of TFRs,METARs,and TAFs.

Vs8.06.31-MV15 05/21/2012

Fixed XM TFR display problem for TFRs with no start or end dates.

Fixed masking problem with minimum alert when moving altitude bug.

Ignore Jump to Kansas on 430/650/530/750 test page.

Fixed Timer audio.

Vs8.06.30-MV15 05/21/2012

Fixed Autopilot GPS course deviation to used fixed scale instead of flight phase.

Vs8.06.28-MV15 04/30/2012

Fix for European class 'A' airspaces.

Vs8.06.24-MV15 04/04/2012

Increased Slip ball filtering for smoothness

Increased contrast for Slip Ball range markers

ADS-B parser and FIS-B Nexrad enhancements.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

These software release notes are confusing because the dates listed below do not match up with the software release dates on your website. Thus there is no way of knowing which of these changes are in the latest release, but not in the previous (June IIRC) release.

Is the latest software release a "mandatory" release? I.e. do any of these changes affect safety of flight?
    Highest Regards,

Noah F
    RV-7A
    Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by NoahF View Post
    These software release notes are confusing because the dates listed below do not match up with the software release dates on your website. Thus there is no way of knowing which of these changes are in the latest release, but not in the previous (June IIRC) release.

Is the latest software release a "mandatory" release? I.e. do any of these changes affect safety of flight?
    The dates are from when we released the version for testing. I am not sure why the date is important? The release version is what is important.

What version of software are you currently running?
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Rob-

You have released software updates on 7/9 and 8/28. I have the 7/9 update current.

Every time you release software, I want to know:

1. Is this a mandatory release, i.e. does it affect safety of flight? (I assume that this is not a mandatory release, since it is not listed as such). I had my screens reboot in flight once, and so I place a higher priority on loading releases that are listed as mandatory than those that are not listed as mandatory.

2. What has changed in the software? I always want to see a list of what has changed in the latest release prior to loading it. This is why the dates are important. Your list above contains items going back to April, leading me to wonder whether these are actually new in the 8/28 release, or were new in the 7/9 release, or pehaps were new in an even earlier release. I KNOW that the 4/4 changes from your list were in the 7/9 release, because I can SEE the skid/slip ball has changed when I power up. Thus listing "Increased contrast for Slip Ball range markers" with a date of 4/4 in the release notes for the latest release seems to me to be an error, since that change is NOT new in this release.

3. Do I NEED any of these changes? If you make changes which improve comms with a Trio autopilot, or an ADSB receiver, I would not place much priority on doing the update since I don't have a Trio autopilot or an ADSB reciever.

4. Have there been any reported problems with the new software since it was released? In general, I do not want to be a Beta tester when it comes to new software. Sometimes when new software has been released, there have been unintended consequences with other functionality being adversely affected. Sometimes there have been further releases only days later to address problems which cropped up. In general, I prefer to wait to update software for a few weeks until I can see that nobody is reporting problems, especially if the update contains nothing really critical for my installation or for my mission. It would be great if the software was more thoroughly tested prior to release, so these things would not happen but I understand that testing is expensive and you have limited resources. This is not a complaint, this is just my preference. Some people probably load every update the day it becomes available; I am just not one of them. Again, the dates are important so that I know what changes are in the LATEST release, I am not interested in knowing what changed in the PRIOR release, I can go to the release notes for that version to find out what was in it.
    Highest Regards,

Noah F
    RV-7A
    Rhode Island