Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: call sign numbers displayed with ads-b and 4500s?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hickman View Post
    We just retested it and we are displaying N Numbers on an AF-4500 with our ADS-B test data. You should be seeing Geoff's N Number when you are flying near him, he also has a UAT Navworx system.

What version of AF-4500 software are you running?

Is your NAvworx software current?

I am running 8.22 and the current release of Navworx. I did receive the 8.23 update. I'll install and let you know if the tags appear.

Bob
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

It looks like it was only displaying on the EFIS screen wired to the NavWorx, this should fix it.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hickman View Post
    It looks like it was only displaying on the EFIS screen wired to the NavWorx, this should fix it.
    I'll check it on Saturday. I'm doing some maintenance today.

I didn't have a map up on the screen attached to the Navworx, only on the two remote screens which matches the issue you identified.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying

I have dual 4500s and using the ADS600-B. I've never been able to get N-numbers to display. I've installed the latest firmware for both the 4500s and the ADS600-B. Is there something else you have to enable to get them to display? I realize that not all traffic will display N-Numbers, but I should at least see them for traffic flying in/out of SeaTac.

Same set up. In the Phoenix area I get a few N numbers but not many. As time has gone by I see more but a very low percentage . The local
    training facility has recently added ADSB so we see them now as well. I would say that about 90 of the traffic shown here is W/O N#s. More are showing up though as time goes by. Larry

Quote Originally Posted by kbehrent View Post
    I have dual 4500s and using the ADS600-B. I've never been able to get N-numbers to display. I've installed the latest firmware for both the 4500s and the ADS600-B. Is there something else you have to enable to get them to display? I realize that not all traffic will display N-Numbers, but I should at least see them for traffic flying in/out of SeaTac.
    Make sure you get the latest release from Ken. He has made some tweaks to the ADSB in December.

There isn't anything to configure to get the N#s to display. However, the other aircraft has to have ADSB out for you to see them. My experience in the Midwest is that it's hit or miss. Some days I see a large percentage and on other days, I don't. I can tell you it's nice for meeting up with fellow RV'ers in the air. At least then you know where your ADSB enabled friends are located.

bob
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying