Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Developments

Developments

Guys,
    Can you tell us what developments you have planned for the 4500?
    I have two 4500 in my panel with the AFS GPS (no 430 etc) and with the recent upgrades I'm pretty happy with the capabilities.
    The only thing lacking is airspace warnings; any chance of them being included at some time?
    The reason I ask is that I have a temporary panel in my Falco and am getting to the point where I want to make the final article. I do have available to me a GNS430W and I'm struggling with whether to fit it or not. I can see that the extra radio and airspace warnings would be useful, but what other advantages would there be?
    I realise that the latter part of my question is more aimed at general viewers but am looking for contributions from everyone on this aspect.
    Thanks

Is this what you would like? Ten minutes before and within 200ft of controlled airspace a warning pops up, and the area has a red highlight.

Name:  Controlled Airspace.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  42.0 KB

Norman
    Last edited by Norman; 05-07-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Yes, where does that info come from?
    Anything that pops up and says "Oi, poo-for-brains, you're about to infringe...".
    Also, user defined waypoints would be nice.
    Last edited by stickandrudderman; 05-29-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Of corse I do read your posts...but I'm not sure if I can help:-)

It would be nice to have a function in the forum, so it will send you an Email to notify that new posts of a thread arrived.
    If you don't look in the forum you will not know if a new post arrived in your forum inbox.

Christian
    Lancair 390 OE-CCM
    AFS 4500EEA - AFS Pilot
    Austria / Europe
    www.lancair.at

Thank you Christian for your reply!
    I was rather hoping for a reply from the AFS team regarding what developments are in the pipeline for the 4500.....
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by lancair390 View Post
    Of corse I do read your posts...but I'm not sure if I can help:-)

It would be nice to have a function in the forum, so it will send you an Email to notify that new posts of a thread arrived.
    If you don't look in the forum you will not know if a new post arrived in your forum inbox.

Christian
    You can change your subscription settings (general settings) to email you a notification when a post to a subscribed thread is added.

bob
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

The majority of the 'new' feature development is being done on the 5000 series instruments. To some degree these features will be back-ported into the 4000 series when possible. There are plans for major improvements to the 5000 series mapping especially in the area of flight panning and airspaces however, it is unclear how many of these developments will be made available for the 4000 series.

We are currently working on new software for both the AF-5000 and AF-4000 series units. The following items are in development:

AF-4000

1. AF-Pilot On/Off and status from the EFIS screen like the AF-5000
    2. The green banana, which shows at which point the airplanes estimates you to reach the altitude you dialed in the altittude bug and vertical speed.
    3. Airspeed and Altitude trend markers
    4. PocketFMS data
    5. ADSB TFR's

AF-5000

1. The green banana, which shows at which point the airplanes estimates you to reach the altitude you dialed in the altittude bug and vertical speed.
    3. Airspeed and Altitude trend markers
    4. PocketFMS data
    5. High Resolution terrain
    6. Airspace warnings
    7. ADSB - TFR support
    8. User waypoints
    9. Radio interface
    10. Transponder Interface.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Thanks Rob,
    The PocketFMS data looks particularly exciting!
    Having just looked them up I see that this might make weather and traffic available to us Europeans. Will these function be fully integrated?
    I see from your list above that user waypoints will be exclusive to the 5000 which is a shame as it's a very handy feature to have for those who don't fly out of major airports.
    Any timescale on these developments?

As far as we know there is no practical source for in flight weather in Europe?

We are trying to get it done before Oshkosh in late July.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.