Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Developments

I have an iPad/iPhone aviation navigation app that superimposes weather data onto the sectional maps here in Germany. It is Internet based and cellphone reception is essential in the air. the coverage is good here so that is not a problem. It actually works with two of my apps ie Air Nav Pro and Sky-map. It has often gone through my mind if it wouldn't be the way to go on this side of the pond instead of relying on the jeppeson mapping. The sectionals are definitely cheaper on Air Nav Pro and there is more information on them too if one includes the AIP. This way you have all the VFR traffic patterns and taxi charts. I don't know how easy it would be to run it on the AFS system but it might be something to look into.

PocketFMS

The PocketsFMS feature would be great here in Europe.

According o the pocketFMS website it has the ability to display weather. I've no idea where the data comes from or how it might be displayed but it would be excellent if it could indeed be implemented.

Pocket FMS would be really great!

Weather will be downloaded via Internet prior flight. The program will then display the weather as needed.
    Lancair 390 OE-CCM
    AFS 4500EEA - AFS Pilot
    Austria / Europe
    www.lancair.at

Rob, I mentioned before that Pocket FMS can interlink with other hardware to display traffic here in Europe. Apparently one would need two RS232 ports. Do you have any thoughts on this?
    There's a thread running on the subject here:
    http://www.pprune.org/private-flying...ml#post7311176

Also, there's a company here in the UK that does excellent European VFR nav software called Skydemon, just so you know....

Rob, any updates on PocketFMS?

Hi Colin (stickandruddrman)

I dropped you a pm here in the forum. If you want to answer via mail would be fine : andreas@hindenburg.se

Regards
    ANdreas

We have the data from Pocket FMS and we are working on it.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Great, thanks.
    Andreas, you have mail.
    Colin

Great news Rob!
    Really looking forward to Pocket FMS.
    Lancair 390 OE-CCM
    AFS 4500EEA - AFS Pilot
    Austria / Europe
    www.lancair.at