Thread: Many Failed Attempts---help "breaking the code."

Many Failed Attempts---help "breaking the code."

Over the past week I have experienced many failed attempts at downloading Data and System Log information from my single screen AFS 4500. I bought 2 each 2 GB SD cards (1 each for System Log and 1 each for Data Log), formatted each using FAT32. Did the download (message that download complete). Inserted the SD card individually into my Windows Vista laptop, and when I open the SD cards I get the following:

For the Data Log (ALD) I get a message (paraphrasing) Windows cannot open this file. Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Options - go online to determine a program or select from a list.

For the System Log (ALS) it opens a spreadsheet in Windows Excel where columns A - D and lines 1 - 32 are populated with the following: INFO:Valid NMA GPS Time Detected.

Anybody out there that can help me "break the code" on this?

Terry

Your data/system log files

Hi TrueAirSpeed,

There are two options that I'm aware of:

1. For the ALD file, you can rename it so that it has a '.CSV' extension. For example, if the original file was named '11228211.ALD', rename it to '11228211.CSV'. The 'CSV' extension indicates to Windows to open the file with Excel as a 'Comma Seperated Value' (hence the CSV extension) data file. You should then be able to double click on it and Excel should open it.
    2. If you wish that all files with an '.ALD' extension be opened by Excel, in Windows XP, right-click -> Properties -> Opens With -> Change -> Select "Excel" -> Click "OK". The icon image should change to something that resembles an Excel icon. When you double-click the file icon, Excel should open the file. Other versions of Windows should have a similar procedure.

As for the ALS file, I would think that 'Wordpad' would be an appropriate application to open the file. You can follow a similar process as above, just choose 'Wordpad' rather than 'Excel'.

Regards,
    /\/elson

Quote Originally Posted by TrueAirSpeed View Post
    Over the past week I have experienced many failed attempts at downloading Data and System Log information from my single screen AFS 4500. I bought 2 each 2 GB SD cards (1 each for System Log and 1 each for Data Log), formatted each using FAT32. Did the download (message that download complete). Inserted the SD card individually into my Windows Vista laptop, and when I open the SD cards I get the following:

For the Data Log (ALD) I get a message (paraphrasing) Windows cannot open this file. Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Options - go online to determine a program or select from a list.

For the System Log (ALS) it opens a spreadsheet in Windows Excel where columns A - D and lines 1 - 32 are populated with the following: INFO:Valid NMA GPS Time Detected.

Anybody out there that can help me "break the code" on this?

Terry
    The manual is always a good place to look for information, from page 64 ......

Name:  AFS Data Import.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  23.6 KB
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.