Thread: HITS not tracking when using "Direct To"

HITS not tracking when using "Direct To"

I have a AFS4500 receiving GPS infomation from my GDU375.

When I fly using HITS I rarely get the "Boxes" and the "Flight Path Indicator" to track on course.

The HITS boxes are off the screen most of the time and when they are they don't give a proper cue for tracking the course.

I realize I am probably the only one with this setup, but in the past when I had an SV runway alignment problem you re able to solve that issue perfectly!

Any idea if this is a solvable problem?

Just to clarify, if I intercept from an intersection to the next flight plan point the HITS works, but using the Direct To feature it is not accurate.

Thanks.

Send a picture of the EFIS screen and your GPS data so we can see it.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Going thru past threads, I noticed I have the same issue with my 4500 HITS boxes (GPS source is a 796). If flying a flight plan,
    the HITS boxes are right on. However if I cut a corner in the flt plan and use "direct to" (on the 796) the next way point, the HITS boxes
    are not accurate. And after using the Direct to, if I go into the flight plan in the 4500, it won't let me adjust the the runway or glideslope deg at the
    destination airport. The fix for this is to "stop navigation" on the 796 and re-enter the next way point using Direct to and the
    HITS boxes are accurate and in the 4500 flight plan in now allows runway and glideslope adjustments for the destination
    airport. I not asking for any help, just commenting on my proceedure.

But I still would LOVE the HITS boxes to the runway user adjustable. Having them start at 1,000 AGL is just not far enough out.

Regards,

Tom
    Last edited by Chino Tom; 08-29-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added text