Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Europe maps

Europe maps

Having just downloaded the latest map update from Jepp I see a file called "navdata.jsc".
    I don't recall seeing this before. I'm going to the airfield now to see if the maps will run with that file.

Not sure what that file is, it might be somthing their software loader uses.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Well, I left it on the card and tried it and the map appeared to work OK, although I only switched it on and didn't actually go anywhere.
    Slightly related:
    My home airfield is inside the London TMA but that TMA soesn't show on the map, even if I zoom in/out.
    Is there a possibility to get airspace warnings even though I'm only using the AFS GPS, if not now then might it be possible in the future?
    Last edited by stickandrudderman; 01-23-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stickandrudderman View Post
    My home airfield is inside the London TMA but that TMA soesn't show on the map, even if I zoom in/out.
    Is there a possibility to get airspace warnings even though I'm only using the AFS GPS, if not now then might it be possible in the future?
    And also related: here in The Netherlands I cannot see any VOR's... Do you get them on your screen?

From the Jeppesen website (http://jeppdirect.jeppesen.com/legal...s.jsp#matrix):

NavData – provides you with vital knowledge of airport features, runway characteristics, communications information, waypoint features, SIDs, STARs, terminal approach procedure information, VORs, NDBs and a comprehensive set of boundaries for controlled/restricted airspace.

Could this be something to do with Class A in the US being above 18,000ft. Is there a parameter to switch on Class A?

Norman

A good question Norman!

Correction, I can get VORs but not NDBs
    That said, take a look at this image:
    Name:  yellow circle on map.JPG
Views: 655
Size:  30.4 KB
    The yellow circle marked "28 SFC" is in this picture is, according to my paper chart, an NDB (WCO)
    However, nothing on the electronic image suggests that to be the case. Perhaps it's a Jepp thing?

i believe 28/ sfc refers to the altitudes of the special use airspace in that area.
    alan