Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Europe maps

OK I'll try that, but the card was working fine with the previous data, why would the format have chsnged on the card? The impression I get from the text is that the card is FAT32 but the file is FAT16. Forgive me for being so ignorant in these matters but by publishing everything here it gives others a chance to learn too.
    Colin

We have not seen this problem, did you try it again? I can have Dave talk to Jeppesen about it if you can provide more details.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

I was having issues with the data and was advised to download the latest update from the Jepp site.
    When I tried to download the file I got an error message saying that the "drive was expecting a FAT32 file but the file is FAT16".
    I deleted all files from the (previously working) card and re-formatted. I was then able to successfully download the Jepp file.
    I haven't tried it in the aeroplane yet but will let you know when I have.
    Colin

The map data doesn't work. Screen says "No map file". If I re-insert the back up card then it works fine (with the old data).
    Here's a screen shot of the file(s) as it appears on the card. Is there any way to check the file is not corrupted without physically taking the card to the aeroplane?Name:  map files screen shot.jpg.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  20.5 KB

You have US terrain and vector data with a Europe MAP file, you should have:

AF2TEREU.AFM
    AF2VECEU.AFM
    AF2MAPEU.AFM

On your card...

Worldwide Jeppesen Data Files
    The Terrain and Vector files are provided by Advanced Flight Systems and are rarely updated. The MAP files are provided by Jeppesen and install on the SD card using their JSUM program.
    AF-3400 & AF-3500 non “S” CPU (older systems)
    File Name Description Source

AFSTERxx.AFM Terrain height information for the US AFS Web Store
    AFSVECWW.AFM Vector data for US roads/rivers/lakes/cities AFS Web Store
    AFSMAPxx.AFM Navigational data (airports, obstacles, navaids, …) Jeppesen JSUM

AF-3400s, AF-3500s, AF-4500s “S” CPU (New Current Systems)
    File Name Description Source

AF2TERxx.AFM Terrain height information for the US AFS Web Store
    AF2VECxx.AFM Vector data for US roads/rivers/lakes/cities AFS Web Store
    AF2MAPxx.AFM Navigational data (airports, obstacles, navaids, …) Jeppesen JSUM

xx Region Code for your area.

AF Africa
    AS Asia
    EU Europe
    ME Middle East
    NA North America
    SA South America
    PA Pacific
    Rob Hickman

Ok. First I must apologise for such a basic error!
    I've rectified the obvious mistake but there's still a question mark over the map data.
    Here's a photo of the display when on the ground at my home a/f (EGLD) which is inside the London TMA but this fact is not shown on the map. Even Heathrow (EGLL) doesn't appear to be in any controlled airspace. I've tried zooming in and out with no effect and I had a look to see if there was any way of determining which airspace is displayed in settings but I couldn't see anything there. Any ideas? It looks as though class A airspace is not included in the data, probably as in most other countries class A is only found at higher altitudes. There are a few places here in Europe though where, as in this example, class A is at surface level.
    Name:  London TMA1.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  32.2 KB
    I am pleased to note that NDBs are now shown though!
    Last edited by stickandrudderman; 03-17-2012 at 02:09 PM.

I have been having the same issue here in Canada - I use the Jepp NA maps, and it does not show any VORs. Do you know if the fix they implemented for the EU guys has also been done for the NA maps?

Based on the struggles some others have had with upgrading, would like to confirm they fixed it before I try the upgrades on my own!
    Thanks -
    Matt

Jepp charts

Yes, we do have the VOR's in Europe now, so the update worked for me. It was a Jeppesen update, not an AFS fix as I believe.

LR2001 was asking if the fix applied to NA. I didn't reply as I have no idea. Vickruis is right that we now have VORs and NDBs but my main concern now is that whilst AFS support is excellent, Jeppesen's is non-existent.

We are at Sun n Fun. Dave has a fix for the class A airspace problem almost ready.
    Rob Hickman