Thread: AF-Pilot without ARINC-Adapter?

AF-Pilot without ARINC-Adapter?

We have a VFR-Day only RV7A (AFS 3500S-EM + 3400MFD with AFS-GPS, Garmin 495) and thinking about an Autopilot. Does it work to use the AFS-AP without an ARNIC-Adapter?

Thanks

Markus

The AF-pilot needs ARINC to use the altitude and heading bugs.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

AF-Pilot with ARNIC-Interface

The Autopilot an the ARNIC-Interface have arrived this Weekend. There are some Questions bevor i start the installation.
    The Wiring Diagramm of the ARNIC-Interface shows a Master Power with a 1 Amp fuse with no Switch, so it is ok that the Arnic-Interface comes up with the Ships Power? I have no Avionic Bus or Switch so the Adapter is on power when the Engine starts?

I have the AFS-GPS and a GPS 495 wired to the AF-3500S (no VOR or GNS/GTN). I have to run a parallel wire RS-232 TX to the Autopilot. Is it a good idea to run both with a Switch to the autopilot? Since Version 8 the Software has a internal Flight Planning Software so i dont need the 495 anymore?

Thanks
    Markus

The ARINC adapter should be wired to the same bus as the autopilot (typically your Avionics bus).

You do not need a switch to the autopilot because the ARINC is the primary control and the 496 feed becomes the backup in the absence of ARINC data automatically.