Thread: AOA sound missing on 4500

AOA sound missing on 4500

I recently upgraded my 4500 the the latest version, 8.06.08. Somehow now I am not getting any audio alerts from the AOA. The display works correctly, but no sound. Also, I am finding after powerup that the audio setting in the AOA page is somehow being set to OFF, but even when I turn it to ON it isn't providing any sound. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Mark Olson F1-EVO Rocket

Hi Mark, are other audio alerts sounding? If you go to Instrument Calibration mode and go to the Test Audio page, do you here it there? Is AOA audio turned on in the AOA menu?
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

Thanks for the reply Trevor. Each time I power the unit on I find that in the AOA menu the sound is turned off, even if I enabled it before powering down. I will try the Test Audio page tonight, perhaps I somehow need to reload the sound files?

Mark Olson F1-EVO Rocket

Yes, give it a try on the test page. What version of software are you running? Is it the latest on our website? V7.3.7 for the old system, V 8.6.8 for the new system.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems

Running 8.6.8. Test page plays audio. The audio for AOA was turned off in the calibration page, I turned it back on. Now AOA audio setting is always on after power up. Flew stalls, still no audio. I will recalibrate and see if this fixes the problem.

Mark Olson F1-EVO Rocket

You should hear AOA audio whenever you get to the RED chevrons on your AOA display. Try recalibrating AOA and give it a try.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Conroy View Post
    You should hear AOA audio whenever you get to the RED chevrons on your AOA display. Try recalibrating AOA and give it a try.

Thanks Trevor - during my stall testing I got to and through the red chevrons (all of them gone). No audio. I think I will reload the sound files just in case I somehow messed up the AOA audio this way.

Mark Olson F1-EVO Rocket

Mark, what is your Landing Override PSF set to? Should be 3rd up from the bottom on the AOA page in Instrument Calibration
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems

Thanks Trevor - I looked in the calibration page. Psf is set to 8, but I noticed a new setting: Audio off below 1500 RPM. This must be new, I don't remember configuring it this way. Turning it to "on" causes me to get alerts when I land. Now I'd like to figure out a way to stop it from blaring at me during most of the rollout! Funny how my complaint went from "no audio" now to "too much audio!". I assume adjusting the landing psf value can fix this, but I don't know what is a good value to use.

Mark Olson F1-EVO rocket