Thread: %HP indicating 1/2 actual on FADEC

%HP indicating 1/2 actual on FADEC

Hi AFS crew,

After conducting a successful first flight of my RV-7A equipped with an IOF-360M1B engine last Friday I have a small problem with the %HP reading showing approximately 1/2 what it should be on my AFS3400 EMS. All other parameters have been checked in the HP set-up screen as per the manual and are correct for my 180hp engine. I have the latest software installed as per you website.

In researching the problem I am experiencing, I note someone else had a similar issue back in 2009 though the thread posted on the old forum didn't have a resolution.

http://www.advanced-flight-systems.c...opic.php?t=891

Can you please point me in the right direction to get this working accurately?

Cheers, Greg Blakey

Greg, you indicated in your e-mail that you have an SBC FADEC. Which model do you have? Do you have an s-CPU EFIS?
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

Hi Trevor,

I have an Aerosance FADEC and use the SBC-100 to link the FADEC to the older non 'S' AFS 3400 EMS. All engine parameters for the EMS originate from the FADEC (via Serial Buss controller) except for the oil temperature, oil pressure and fuel flow which are independent. These three are feed directly to the EMS. Everything works correctly including the engine FADEC status (high cruise/low cruise takeoff pwr etc on the AFS) however the % HP is only showing a maximum of 50%. The FADEC should drop from High Cruise to Low Cruise at 65% pwr and this is occurring at 32% indicating the %HP is out by half as well.

Hoping you can support me to get this indicating correctly.

Cheers, Greg

Looking forward to your reply,

Greg

Greg,

The software engineer that can work with you to resolve this is with us in Oshkosh. Once we return he will be able to work with you to get this resolved. We have several customers with the SBC-100 and -250 and they work very well, so this issue surprises us. We will get it resolved.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

Thanks Trevor,

Looking forward to getting it sorted.

Cheers, Greg