Thread: Hall effect sensor

Hall effect sensor

Rather than the shunt, I've installed the Hall effect sensor provided by AFS. The manual states:
    "Optional Hall Effect Transducer (Used for dual Alternator Systems)". We are using a single alternator and still want to use the Hall Effect Transducer. Is there any specific configuration required to get this to work instead of the shunt? Also, the manual states: "You will
    need to crimp the Dsub male pins to the transducer wires.". I believe they are actually female Dsub pins... (maybe I'm just picky, I just noticed when rereading this section)

PS: on a side note: The sensor provided was using the wrong color coded leads. White/red was used instead of white/orange.

There isn't anything you'll need to do to get the Hall Effect sensor to work. If your EFIS doesn't show any current on the display, it may just be turned off. You can enable it in the Check -> Maint -> Admin -> Calibration -> Hall Effect menu.

You are correct, female pins would be crimped on the transducer wires to go into the EFIS main cable.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com