Thread: TruTrak Gemini

TruTrak Gemini

A couple of us were talking the other day about the new TruTrak Gemini series of auto pilots and back up instruments.

Will there be an Advanced Flight Systems version of the Gemini? Not that it really matters, but it would be cool to see the "AFS" there.

Darwin N. Barrie
    Chandler, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by RV7GUY View Post
    Will there be an Advanced Flight Systems version of the Gemini? Not that it really matters, but it would be cool to see the "AFS" there.
    I asked this question to Lucas at Trutrak a month or so ago on Trutrak's forum. Lucas mentioned that there were plans, but he couldn't comment on availability. He mentioned that he thought it wouldn't be available at initial release of the product line.

I need to pull the trigger on my backup solution around Oshkosh time frame and was hoping that Gemini could be an option. I'm not optimistic that will happen, but I am willing to be surprized. I've also heard that Trutrack is having sourcing issues on the screens which is causing the delay, but that is just an unconfirmed rumor. Unfortunately, the tsumanmi has impacted me personally in more ways than one.

bob
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

Quote Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
    I asked this question to Lucas at Trutrak a month or so ago on Trutrak's forum. Lucas mentioned that there were plans, but he couldn't comment on availability. He mentioned that he thought it wouldn't be available at initial release of the product line.

I need to pull the trigger on my backup solution around Oshkosh time frame and was hoping that Gemini could be an option. I'm not optimistic that will happen, but I am willing to be surprized. I've also heard that Trutrack is having sourcing issues on the screens which is causing the delay, but that is just an unconfirmed rumor. Unfortunately, the tsumanmi has impacted me personally in more ways than one.

bob
    You're pretty much correct, Bob. The displays were very troublesome to acquire. We're working very hard to meet our time target.
    Lucas
    Trutrak Tech Support

I too am looking forward to the release of the Gemini. I'm currently using an ADI II but just started IFR training and the Gemini offers additional backup features and more control (VSpeed) for my setup. I too am willing to be surprised at Osh, I'd love to come home with and order placed....

Tom Turnbull
    RV-7A - N315TB