Thread: Advanced Pilot

Advanced Pilot

Trevor.

Still getting used to my 4500 EFIS/Advanced Pilot combination but am generally delighted. Whilst flying on A/P and having transferred A/P control to the EFIS, I engaged PCS (Pilot Controlled Steering) When I released the PCS button, control was passed back to the A/P. I guess I should have realised that what happened is exactly what the manual said would happen and the aircraft captured GPS ground track and altitude - in other words, A/P control was passed back to the stand alone A/P from the previously selected EFIS control. I picked up on this fairly swiftly but maybe a voice alert: "EFIS no longer controls auto pilot" or similar could be added to the wish list? In a higher work load situation, I may not have picked up so quickly that the EFIS and hence my gps flight plan or approach was no longer guiding the auto pilot and that my auto pilot was now acting in a stand alone mode, coupled to current gps ground track and current altitude or rate of climb/descent. Traps for young players!

I agree. Somewhere on the EFIS near lat /vertical- it should say AP- EFIS
    Alan

Rethinking my suggestion above it makes sense to me to have the auto pilot control revert back to whatever it was receiving commands from previous to using PCS (pilot Controlled Steering). Is this possible?

Also can we get the minimums altitude to change at 10 ft increments so we can put in the actual approach minimums.?
    Alan