Thread: Says no gps on map screen

Says no gps on map screen

I have the moving map. The map screen has a note saying no gps and it will not show the current location of the airplane. I checked the key and it said it was valid for mapping. I can not find anything in the manual. Need a little help.

Thanks

Rush McKelvey
    RV-8 ready to fly
    N393HW

Do you have a GPS connected to the EFIS screen? What port is it wired to? Do you have one of the Serial Port Functions set to the right format for the GPS? Is one of the GPS/Navigation Source settings pointing to the serial port with the GPS wired to it? Lastly, Press MAP, Settings. SRC should say GNAV 1 or GPS 1. Press the SRC button to toggle the different NAV sources you have setup.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

Thanks Trevor. I will check.

Rush McKelvey

Trevor,

I have the moving map option. Line 13. on the serial port config is blank. I think i need to point this to a Data Source to make the AFS GPS operate. The 496 is wired to port #1 NMEA & VHF 9600 . With the 496 turned off and map1 used for the nav source the moving map will not show postion of aircraft. I have everything elso working great. Can the moving map operate with the 496 GPS turned of? I think the LAT/LON Data Source needs to be AF GPS, not sure. I have the advanced deck 4500s with Engine a 496, SL30, 327

Line 13 is indeed blank in the current software. If you have the 496 configured for (NMEA & VHF 9600) please make sure FAST NMEA is turned OFF. On that setup page in the 496 press MENU and you'll see that option. Since you are using 9600 baud, please select AFS GPS as the Serial Port #1 function on the EFIS. Your 496 should be GPS1 on the Map SRC menu. The moving map will not work without the 496 turned on, it requires some type of lat/lon input to work.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

Thanks for the Info

Rush McKelvey