Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: autopilot annunciation

autopilot annunciation

Rob,
    Sunday I was flying some practice approaches with my 4500/AP autopilot/430w equiped glasair. I flew the missed and the a/p sequenced us into the missed approach hold. after one lap of the hold the ap disengaged without warning. This is not the first time the ap has inadvertently disengaged. I've not yet figured out what is triggering this disconnect, but is it possible to have an aural warning of a change in a/p status, something like "autopilot disengage", "autopilot engage"? Even just "autopilot" if it goes on or off?
    Thanks,
    CA

Are you running the latest software on the EFIS and ARINC module? I suspect that you have not installed the mandatory software update for the non "s" CPU systems.

EFIS Software 7.1.4
    ARINC Software 4.0

The Digiflight II VSGV does not send the EFIS any information so we have no idea what mode it is in. The TruTrack Sorcerer AP has the audio warnings.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Me too!

Rob.

Can I join the queue in asking for an audio alert when the AP (Advanced Pilot AP) is disengaged and engaged. Having flown with this feature in the past, I find it is a particularly comforting feature to have and it would be even better with the AF EFIS to have a voice warning rather than just a tone which I have had in the past. I'm with Chrisa above: "Auto pilot disengaged" when disengaging and simply "Auto pilot on" when engaging to avoid any confusion with disengaged and engaged. I understand that this will take some liaising with Tru Trak on your part and may take some time but your system has been worth waiting for so far! Kevin

Me THREE!!!

We really do need some kind of Annunciation for the Autopilot.
    Nick Nafsinger
    Houston
    RV-10, Dual 4500's. Flying

I agree!! Brand 'D' does this and it is quite helpful.

Rob,
    I am not sure which software we are running, and will check it out. The 4500 was delivered in mid Jan, 2010, so I suspect it is an "S" cpu. The arinc module delivered mid December 2009. We did a system software update in mid Feb. Looking at the file it shows the arinc software was last modified on 1/4/2010. When the AP disconnects, it goes from "EFIS" to default mode (heading and alt hold). If you are looking for it, you will see it. If it is not in your scan, it is easy to miss. When it has happened, I reach up and push the "EFIS" button on the AP and it immediately re-engages.
    Thanks,
    CA

I am not clear on what is happening here. If communication is lose with the EFIS then the AP should revert to hold mode and is not 'disengaged'. Is the EFIS sending a command to the AP to disengage?
    How does this work?

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by chrisa View Post
    Rob,
    I am not sure which software we are running, and will check it out. The 4500 was delivered in mid Jan, 2010, so I suspect it is an "S" cpu. The arinc module delivered mid December 2009. We did a system software update in mid Feb. Looking at the file it shows the arinc software was last modified on 1/4/2010. When the AP disconnects, it goes from "EFIS" to default mode (heading and alt hold). If you are looking for it, you will see it. If it is not in your scan, it is easy to miss. When it has happened, I reach up and push the "EFIS" button on the AP and it immediately re-engages.
    Thanks,
    CA
    What version of software is your AP running?
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

disengage not accurate

Kent,
    Now that you mention it, of course my description of what happened is not correct. The AP did not disengage. It went from EFIS mode to default mode.

Rob,
    I will check the AP software version.

CA

Rob

EFIS Software 7.1.4
    ARINC Software 4.0
    When I looked at the update site I noticed the software: Version V70423. How can you tell that its EFIS software 7.1.4??

PAW
    Last edited by pawicker; 03-19-2010 at 08:12 AM.