Thread: AOA on EFIS and the External Display?

AOA on EFIS and the External Display?

I've already installed the wing portion of my AOA system, and had planned on using the AOA Pro display prior to switching my panel from steam gauges to an AFS 4500. Can I use the separate AOA display along with an AOA display on the EFIS? If so, which AOA module(s) do I need?

Not easily. You'd have to have the complete AOA PRO CPU and display, with plumbing to both it and the EFIS. That would also mean different calibration set-points as well.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

I have the AOA Sport module in my wing, but the display on my AF3400EE non-s is for the AOA Pro. I am just starting phase I and have not calibrated the AOA yet. The calibration for the Sport and the Pro appear to be very much the same. Which calibration protocol should I use, and is my setup going to function like a Sport or a Pro? From the post above, I assume I cannot have the glare shield display in addition to the efis display.

I'm confused what you mean by
    I have the AOA Sport module in my wing, but the display on my AF3400EE non-s is for the AOA Pro
    We only have one style of AOA pressure ports for all of our AOA systems (AOA PRO, Sport, EFIS). The only difference is where those 1/8" hoses from the wing ports go. They can either go into the Sport CPU, Pro CPU, or into an EFIS. If you are getting the EFIS, you'd plumb the AOA hoses into it. You are correct in that you can't have a separate display for the AOA other than the EFIS screen.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

Oh, well. AOA Pro it is. Thanks for the clarification.