Thread: 3400s SP upgrade

3400s SP upgrade

I just got my 3400 back from getting upgraded...new S CPU, new screen and SP functions (to be able to use %HP - finally!).

Maybe I missed something - I can't get it to enable "AIR and EMS". I can get to the selection screen and scroll down, but the knob doesn't do anything when I turn it for "On". I know the selector and knob work as I can scroll up to the "EMS" selection and turn it off.

Also, the SD card Icon doesn't show up with the card plugged in....removing the card doesn't change it either....

Must be some settings that I have missed - I'm sure these guys test out the wazoo before shipping...I have not none a settings restore which might be part of the problem...hopefully.

Wanted to see the new displays before I plumbed up the Pitot and Static hoses....EM screen liiks nice and bright anyway.

Anybody have any advice?!

According to page 12 of the latest manual, the "Air and EMS" page is for non "s" units, unless I'm reading it incorrectly.
    John Kazickas
    Sands Point, NY
    Glasair Sportsman N9GZ

Just read that too. Quite different from the E-Mail thread that prompted me to send it in for upgrade. According to the E-Mail thread, SP is supposed to allow me to display A/S, ALT, and V/S as well as use ALT for the %HP calculations that they still haven't put in to the EM units. A lot of other issues too - won't read, write, or regularly recognize the SD card - meaning I can't backup or restore config files. The unit boots a lot quicker and the display is brighter (even with some burn-in visible) - but right now I think I have a bad one - especially with the SD card issue. I have sent them an E-Mail requesting help.

Just got an e-mail from Rob asking some questions - I responded so we'll see what comes up.

Another note from Rob - he says I probably have a high speed SD card (different than SDHC I hope I am not using an SDHC card). He'll have new software and a good card for me on Monday. With the SD Card issue fixed - hopefully, I can just change a setting on one of the config files and be back in the air.

Update - I have sent in a copy of my ENGINE.AFD file - hopefully that is where the issue is...Only place I can think of.
    Crossing my fingers.

Update - while trying some suggestions with Trevor on the phone last night, we determined that since my unit was originally EM only and doesn't have MAP or EFIS, most likely a little-used piece of code might have been broken during software re-write. Their programming team is looking at it to re-create on the bench. Hope they find it since there's no way to test my Pitot and Static connections individually without it. I could probably leave it disconnected from the remainder of my Pitot/Static system until they get the software patched.

Update - Trevor sent me a short-term fix to allow me to test my Pitot/Static plumbing connections - still waiting for the software fixes. I bought a generic SD card - it is slow enough to be recognized. Now I can load the new software when I get the link.

Update - new software, new OS, new functionality. It is different, it is faster, it is better.
    Thanks Ken, Trevor, and Rob....putting it back together again.