Thread: Screen Paging

Screen Paging

Trevor,
    Yesterday I flew for the first time after receiving my upgrade to the 4500.

One thing I noted was that with the old 3500, paging (either by pressing button 1 or hitting my stick switch going to Input #1) would page the screen by pressing the button for less then a second. However with the 4500, it takes at lease 2 seconds of holding the button (either method) and some times much longer then that. The times don't seem to be consistant but always at least 2 seconds.

Is there a new setting added that sets a time-out for the button press before the page will switch?

I would like to be able to switch screens again by quickly pressing the button to switch the screen.
    Gary Blankenbiller
    RV-10 N2GB

Gary,

The buttons work by looking at the release. So when pressing if you hold the button down it will take over a second for the press-and-hold function to press the button for you. I'll give our Senior Software Engineer Ken Chard the credit for answering this one.

Trevor
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

Thanks, I hope to fly a little tomorrow before our bad wx hits so I will check it out. I am so used to a quick click/release and the screen would change and this one seems to have a different feel to it.
    Gary Blankenbiller
    RV-10 N2GB