Thread: HAL effect and 2 AF3500

HAL effect and 2 AF3500

Just getting everything going and the wiring and sensors look good so far. I have EFIS on the left and EMS on the right with the latest software - V70307-MV15 and the latest map files. Dual alternators with the B-lead through the HAL sensor and no engine start yet.

1. Amp meter: I am seeing 0 amps on the right as expected but the left screen shows a red "X" on the amp meter. I can't find a way to tell the left screen to use the info from the right screen.

2. Manage keys: My 2 SD chips have the map keys on them. It looks like that info is now entered into the units - should I do that?

3. GPS: I receive flight plan from the Garmin 496 but it doesn't change if I use NRST-GOTO on the AFS. Should it? SRC/MAP1 shows the direct to and SRC/GPS1 shows the GPS flight plan.

4. System config files: I plan on copying these files to an SD chip. Are they readable? Can I print them for reference? Do I boot the screen without the map SD and then download to a blank SD?

Can't wait to fly this thing!
    John Morgensen
    RV9A - wiring
    RV4 - flying

1) In INSTRUMENT CALIBRATION select ADMIN SETTINGS and make sure it says 'EM - HW: OFF NET: RXD' on the left screen. That will ensure all engine information gets transfers from the left screen to the right.
    2) Yes, those get entered in INSTRUMENT CALIBRATION, under ADMIN SETTINGS -> SYSTEM MAINT -> MANAGE KEYS
    3) It will not change the waypoint on the 496, only on the AF-3500.
    4) Sure! They are just text files you can open with notepad or wordpad on a PC.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com