I have a couple of installation questions for the AF-6600 if you don?t mind:

1. I am at the stage of installing the SV-MAG remote magnetometer. The routing of the new cable (Magnetometer to SV-NET hub) is going to be a significant challenge and before I remove the old wiring (4-core shielded from the old magnetometer to AF-3500) I wanted to ask if it was necessary, as the EFIS Main Harness diagram (Install manual p263) has the magnetometer being wired in the same way as before (Pins 11, 12, 23, 24 on EFIS Main Cable, below). Is there a reason why I can?t install the magnetometer in the same way, or do I have to use the supplied cable to route the signal through the SV-NET Hub? Also, where is the best place to connect the shield grounds on the case (as indicated on the diagram), and should that case ground be wired to the aircraft ground separately?

Name:  PastedGraphic-3.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  21.1 KB

2. Fuel Flow Transducer wiring. I have the 57151 - EMS to SV-Net cable, which I assume has the Pin 5 to 7 jumper installed. However, the fuel flow transducer wiring diagram (p15, below) shows the sensor harness being connected from pin 15 to SV-NET pin 7. Is this connected within the SV-EMS-220 or do I need to connect these pins directly?

Name:  PastedGraphic-1.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  14.6 KB

Thank you for your help - as always it is very much appreciated. Apologies if I have missed something in the manual!

Derek