Thread: Baro altitude not getting sent from AFS to Avidyne IFD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vas4afs View Post
    Thanks, Jonathon. I see references to SV in my configuration. Does that mean that there is likely an SV Network already present (for other components) or will I need something like SV-NET-HUB to plug the SV-ARINC (and the IFD) into?

Regards,
    Vas
    Many AFS/Dynon devices are SV network capable and require being plugged into a SV-Hub to communicate with each other. In the CAL menu, from the SV Network option, you can view the devices that are currently attached to the SV Network. You’ll want to do this from your PFD if you have more than one EFIS. You will see a listing of all the devices currently defined and are know on the SV-Network. If you don’t see the device listed, it’s not connected. Like Jonathon mentioned, you’ll need to plug the sv-arinc into an open sv-hub port. You can daisy chain hubs if you need more ports.

Since the SV-Network is unique to AFS/Dynon, I’m not aware of any other vendors that supports it. your Avidyne gps would in turn be wired to the sv-arinc, which is connected to the sv-network. Look at the Avidyne schematics in the installation manual for more complete requirements for wiring your Avidyne gps.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler