Thread: Upside down Runway

Upside down Runway

Jonathan,
    Got the new software installed (dual 5600T), everything else fine except when I taxi onto a runway, the runway and the sky seem to invert. Stays that way to 50' all then normal. Same display on both screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Billm View Post
    Jonathan,
    Got the new software installed (dual 5600T), everything else fine except when I taxi onto a runway, the runway and the sky seem to invert. Stays that way to 50' all then normal. Same display on both screens.
    I experienced this on one flight last week. It didn’t occur on the second flight of the day. It was on the PFD(6600). My other 6600 was on the map page and it didn’t impact the 5500. It self corrected about 4,000’. I believe I’m still using Vx16.10.25-TOUCH-MV16, but I would have to validate that.

In my case, only the runway image inverted and moved to the top of the screen. The sky and ground remained normal.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

I believe that is the same problem I am having. It is as if the aircraft was below the runway.

I had the same thing happen again today with the runway image inverted and at the top of the screen. Blue sky and green ground were unaffected. It happened on the first flight of the day, but not the second. I did confirm I’m running. 16.10.25-mv16.
    Last edited by rleffler; 08-27-2023 at 10:31 AM.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

This has been fixed in our internal development beta software. We are working to get a new public release shortly. If you are experiencing this issue and would prefer not to wait for public release software, please contact support@advanced-flight-systems.com and request to be sent the latest public-approved beta release.