Thread: "No GPS" and frozen moving map

Question "No GPS" and frozen moving map

I need trouble shooting advice for my AF-5500. Three times today in flight I got a "No GPS" alert on the moving map and it
    froze at the present position. Other items on the map continued to update, including my own ADSB position icon which
    continued to advance along the flight path. Other aircraft and ATC continued to see my accurate position, so I know
    that my GPS-2020 unit continued working, and the GPS position was making it to my Trig TT-21 transponder. Once this
    condition occurred, it persisted until the end of the flight. What can I do to diagnose and fix this?

Dan strange symptoms indeed, Assuming this is your only EFIS and only GPS then the transponder is only getting GPS data through the EFIS rebroadcasting it out the serial port from the EFIS to the transponder. How it could both do that but also fail to display the data on the LCD is a mystery, but one which must suggest a software cause more than anything else. What software version are you running? Can you email system logs to support@advanced-flight-systems.com?