Thread: Aithre AVI24EX

Aithre AVI24EX

I'm installing my AF-6600 panel and I'm getting ready to install the AVI24EX. Is there any schematic for this install? I'm specifically looking for where to route the green RS-232 data output wire and the purple discrete fault wire.

Thanks,

Brian Peck

Brian we only have drawings for the EX3.0 analog and EX3.0-S serial CO monitors.

For wiring the Altus box on your oxygen system, you should run the green RS-232 out wire to pin 3 on your ACM Backup EFIS connector. This corresponds to your MFD serial #2 RX. Then, on your MFD screen, go to SET --> CAL --> Admin Settings. Set serial port #2 to "Aithre Integrator" (in the misc submenu).

For the purple fault wire, run it to pin 15 on the ACM Aircraft Rear Connector. This corresponds to your MFD input #1. Then, on your MFD screen, go to SET --> CAL --> Inputs. Change Input 1 label to as you desire, usage to GENERIC, logic to NORM OPEN, timeout to 00:00, audio alarms to ON.

Correction: we do have a drawing. This drawing is not in our current ACM and Panel manual, but it will be in the next published revision.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16bh...ew?usp=sharing

Awesome, Thanks for the quick reply...two more questions:
    1. I've installed LEMO plugs for the headsets and need to feed them power. I would like to run it through the ACM for circuit protection. Is there a pin I can do this from? If not, I'll just go to the power lug on the ACM and use an inline fuse.
    2. I have all of the components installed and will soon have all of the wiring done aft of the firewall. It's on the rotisserie, so no engine, master relay, starter relay, or battery. The wings are not on, so the only AHRS data will be from the G5. I have a 30A 14.4V power supply...can I connect the power supply directly to the ACM to do some testing?

1. I've installed LEMO plugs for the headsets and need to feed them power. I would like to run it through the ACM for circuit protection. Is there a pin I can do this from? If not, I'll just go to the power lug on the ACM and use an inline fuse.

This does not need to be run outside of the ACM. When we build a harness with Lemos we will tee off from the main power going to the audio panel:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k1z...ew?usp=sharing

While it would have been easier to build the harness upfront with lemo power, it is not prohibitively difficult to modify the harness as-built to add the power wire. If you want to modify the harness yourself, have at it. Since you are local, if you bring the harness back to AFS we will happily add the power wires ourselves.

2. I have all of the components installed and will soon have all of the wiring done aft of the firewall. It's on the rotisserie, so no engine, master relay, starter relay, or battery. The wings are not on, so the only AHRS data will be from the G5. I have a 30A 14.4V power supply...can I connect the power supply directly to the ACM to do some testing?
    This is fine and it is precisely how we test panels built at our shop, minus the rotisserie.

Thanks again. The wiring is already installed, so I’ll modify it myself.
    Last edited by u2drvr; 03-13-2023 at 05:33 PM.