Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dual Screen AF5600 and AF3500EM Serial Ports and back up AHARS (G5)

I also have opened the ADSB Mode. Even with it opened, the AF5600 does not connect to the Stratus 3. Opening the ADSB Mode on the Stratus 3 also prohibits the iPad from being connected. Has connecting the Stratus 3 to the AFS5600 ever been successful. It appears from my end that it doesn't work. I hope I can return the $800 Stratus 3. If you have any more suggestions, please provide.

The Stratus 3 is a relatively new product. We are trying to secure a unit for testing, but as of today we only presume compatibility based on known data from the manufacturer.

Additional things to check:
    - Please make sure your AF-5600 is updated to the latest 16.07.17 system software.
    - Can you connect the Stratus in Open ADSB mode to a GDL90 ipad app, such as FlyQ or SkyDemon?
    - Are there any port settings options in the Horizon Pro app? If so, make sure the port is set to UDP 4000

My AF5600 has the latest system software.
    I don't have FlyQ or SkyDemon, so can't try connecting Stratus 3 to the iPad via GDL90.
    I did not see any port setting options for the Horizon Pro ap other than opening the ADSB Mode.
    I returned the Stratus 3, so am done with this experiment.

I am surprised that Advanced Systems hasn't proved this will work before stating how to do it and inferring that it will work.