Thread: Wireless Chart Database Transfer & Remote Comm Suggestion

Wireless Chart Database Transfer & Remote Comm Suggestion

Shawn, I see Skyview has wireless transfer. With the recent ability to perform the same on the IFD units, any word on when we could do the same for the AFS series?

A suggestion, I'd love to see a little RX or TX on the Radio area of the screen for the remote comm that is being controlled by the PFD/MFD. It shows up on the actual Dynon radio head, but it'd be nice to see it on the PFD/MFD screen below the active frequency. I have the radio control head mounted on the other side of the panel and never use it since I can control it via the screen but it's annoying I can't double check I'm transmitting on the right radio!

Thanks.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    I'm guessing you are speaking about Seattle Avionics' Slingshot wireless transfer. This is finishing development and will be posted in Vx16.8 software.

There should be an orange TX/RX in the COM bar above the "ACT" or "SBY" legends in Vx16.07.02 and later.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Shawn, I don't get a TX/RX in the com bar. I have the latest software published online. Any ideas? I'm still willing to test beta as I have in the past if you need help! Thanks.