Thread: Latest SW release questions

Latest SW release questions

A few questions regarding the last SW update:

Latest update includes "Adds warning message when servo slips occur"
    I was flying with this SW build for the first time last night with AP in heading mode. I adjusted the heading 30 degrees to the right and got this error, and the plane quickly rolled to the left. What exactly is a servo slip? (Servo not being able to hold/reach the requested position?). For what it is worth the AP was always able to follow the heading bug before the SW release.

Latest update includes "Adds SV-Autopilot altitude filter modes"
    What is this exactly?

Lastly, is there a way to filter ADS-B traffic by altitude? I don't really need to see traffic in the flight levels as I come in for a landing.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by cdeggz; 11-08-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdeggz View Post
    What exactly is a servo slip?
    Each servo must be large enough to be able to drive the control surface effectively. Dynon's servos are designed to gracefully "slip" when the torque that the servo is providing is insufficient to drive the control surface. So if servo torque is insufficient for the application, it will continuously slip and the autopilot will not be able to effectively control the aircraft.

Latest update includes "Adds SV-Autopilot altitude filter modes" What is this exactly?
    These modes are experimental ways to change the function of the autopilot in our ever increasing fleet footprint. Avoid changing this without recommendations from AFS directly.

is there a way to filter ADS-B traffic by altitude?
    This style of filter has not been implemented. I've created a feature request based on the request.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com