Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AHRS Periodically goes crazy

After many hours of flying the horizon 'tilted' about 15 degrees as we were flying horizontally. I'm wondering if we should just replace the AHRS? Can a replacement be purchased and for how much?

In what axis is it tilted? These units are extremely reliable, it is premature to conclude that this is a problem with your AHRS and not with installation + calibration.

To further troubleshoot, Please send a brief video of your EFIS in flight to support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
    In what axis is it tilted? These units are extremely reliable, it is premature to conclude that this is a problem with your AHRS and not with installation + calibration.

To further troubleshoot, Please send a brief video of your EFIS in flight to support@advanced-flight-systems.com
    Jonathon, did you read the whole thread above?

The axis is not tilted in any particular direction. 99.9% of the time the horizon is straight and level when I am going straight and level. However every now and then it flips to a large tilt when going straight and level. Then it will flip back to normal accuracy after some time (minutes). I do not have a video of this as it would require a lot of video to get the 0.1% when it fails.