Thread: Can't upgrade to V16

Can't upgrade to V16

Having a great deal of problems with this upgrade to my 5400, S/N 1741. I loaded the upgrade file along with the HRTERRAIN file and new maps onto a USB stick and followed the installation procedure. It loaded but upon restart I found that my engine data and a lot of other data was missing from the screen, and the screen was not swipeable in any direction. I tried to load the HRTERRAIN data but it would not load and the screen has a flashing HI RES TERRAIN NOT FOUND flag. See the attached photo. Tried to redo the update procedure but it wouldn't load again. So I'm out of ideas and I have a flight on Monday. Can you offer any suggestions? Is there any way I can go back to V15?
    Name:  IMG_5340.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  43.6 KB
    Last edited by George; 04-24-2021 at 02:07 PM.

The hr terrain doesn’t load but the usb stick must remain connected for it to see hr terrain, is this how you have it? I would do the v16 separate then other files after.

Edit: Noticed you mentioned 5400, not sure how different that is from 5500, 5600.
    Last edited by rvdave; 04-24-2021 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Update
    Dave Ford
    RV10

That’s what I did, update first then tried to load HRTERRAIN. The stick always stays in.

May have to reload hr terrain, I’ve had to do that before if it’s corrupted or missing data.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Did a fresh download this morning and everything is good.