Thread: AHRS Hard Failure

AHRS Hard Failure

Name:  IMG_2184.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  73.7 KB

The last 3 flights I've had this message with the attitude indicator frozen. At times it comes back but the failure message does not go away until powering off and on. Anyone had this issue and what could potentially be the cause?

Also, is there another way to reset the system without turning off the battery master?

Don't know why you are getting the message but to reboot the EFIS I just pull the circuit breaker and once the EFIS is off reset the breaker?

Good idea, do you know if that is hard on it to do a quick shut down like that verses letting it do it a shut down on its own?

You are doing the same thing either way. The Master or circuit breaker is the same wire or source of current for the EFIS

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    AHRS Hard Failure is normally related to one of the parts of the Crossbow AHRS beginning to fail. Give us a call and we can send you a loaner magnetometer if you want to try that. Otherwise you could setup for a replacement AHRS.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by jgavic View Post
    Name:  IMG_2184.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  73.7 KB

The last 3 flights I've had this message with the attitude indicator frozen. At times it comes back but the failure message does not go away until powering off and on. Anyone had this issue and what could potentially be the cause?

Also, is there another way to reset the system without turning off the battery master?
    I saw that screen a couple of times on my 4500, then it changed to "AHRS OFFLINE", and that was all she wrote.