Thread: EFIS Slip/Skid & Heading Indicator Temporarily offline

EFIS Slip/Skid & Heading Indicator Temporarily offline

While flying yesterday my ADHRS dropped both heading and ball indication on both 5600s for about 3 minutes towards the end of an hour long flight. After turning toward the destination airport the problem disappeared and everything performed as expected for the final 5 minutes. I'm away from my home airport and will be flying about 6 hour trip home next week. Wondered if anyone had any ideas where to start looking. Are those two items interrelated? Not sure where I will be able to work on the plane as it is currently sitting on the ramp at KFMY and major troubleshooting will be challenging. Thanks for any help.

Intermittent open with a crimp or wire? Vibrations causing the on and off conditions?
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

That's possible, but no other ADAHRS data appeared to be affected. The system has about 10 months (140 hrs. flight time) on new EFIS, factory cable and ADAHRS. I'm not sure of the data stream, but I assumed it all comes across one set of serial lines in the SV-Network. My first guess is an issue with the ADAHRS; but I don't know how, why, or if there is any correlation between heading and slip indication in the data transmission.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Can you expand on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by toddespn View Post
    dropped both heading and ball indication
    System logs can show some valuable data. With your USB drive installed press SET -> LOGS -> SYSTEM
    Email over your *.ALS file from the drive to shawn@advanced-flight-systems.com
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com