Thread: PocketFMS EasyVFR 4 App and AFS EFIS Interface

PocketFMS EasyVFR 4 App and AFS EFIS Interface

Once you have your PocketFMS FFM subscription and registered your AFS EFIS On the Dynon Portal, it makes sense to download and install their new EasyVFR 4 App which is included in your FFM membership. This is not just a moving map aviation navigation device that runs on all platforms (IOS, Android Windows, Mac etc) but also serves as an interface to your AFS EFIS. It has your login and particulars stored and any chart purchases you make on the the app you can send to your EFIS memory stick. It is also an excellent, easy to use flight planning tool with a button to send your flight plan to your EFIS System. I’ve done it with my iPad and it works like a charm - go to settings on your iPad, find your WiFi adapter in your EFIS, and login - on your EFIS hit the CDI button and select INTFP - open the EasyVFR 4 app on your iPad > tap the flight plan icon > tap the tools icon > tap “SkyView Get/Send Route” button (you’re going to have to get used to the SkyView thing!) - on your EFIS Screen you’ll see an orange flag “ACCEPT FLIGHT PLAN” > press the YES button at the bottom of the screen and it’s done!
    THE AUTOMATICALLY UPDATED AVIATION DATA AND OBSTACLE DATA FILES GENERATED WITHIN THE EASYVFR APP ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE AFS FORMAT. It won’t do any damage to have them on your USB stick but you could delete them. According to Shawn, he is working on a new Format but does not expect to have it ready within the year! To update your PFMS Aviation and Obstacle data files, you have to use the PFMS Resktop app on a pc as described in my previous post.
    Last edited by Mounz; 03-05-2021 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Typo