Thread: Engine Logs dump is incomplete or old data

Engine Logs dump is incomplete or old data

I'm running v15.01.23-MV16 on my 5600T, and when I hit one of the [SET] -> [LOGS] -> [LST FLT]/[TODAY]/[5 HRS]/[10 HRS]/[20 HRS]/[ALL], I am either not getting all of my data, or I am getting data from the wrong window of time. If I hit [ALL] I get a partial data set from two years ago with nothing recent. [20 HRS] got me a data set from a year ago. [LST FLT] got me 40 mins of my hour long flight today, but at least it was actually from the last flight. I've tried this multiple times now with the same results, tried saving to both the USB and SD Card. I've deleted the log in between captures too. Any thoughts what might be going on?

James,
    Your backup battery input also maintains the clock battery, if this is not working right it can throw off the logs. from the CHECK--> ABOUT page, what time and date do you have when you first boot the EFIS (i.e. before it gets a GPS fix)?

My backup battery input is tied directly to the main battery and has never failed when shutting off the master, so it isn't too likely an issue, but I will check the time regardless and report back.

It has been a few days since the last flight, so I booted the screen and checked the time, which was correct. I then used the last 5 hours button, for the first time, to capture to the USB, and it dumped my most recent data, including the entire flight from the 4th this time. I've never deleted the data on my display, could the log be corrupted some how from an upgrade or a bug in an older version?

Or maybe a bug in 15.01.23. We should probably get you updated to v16 and see if this still happens then. We are at last on the cusp of a public release, so if you want to wait, it should be on the website very soon. Or if you'd like, we can email you a dl link to the latest release candidate.

Now that I got the latest data, I'm okay for now. I can wait for v16 to be official unless you guys want someone else to beta test. Thanks for the help.