Thread: Flap Position programming trouble

Flap Position programming trouble

Hello,
    I have just installed the ray allen pos-12 position indicator on an Rv-10 with AF-5600. The adval numbers on the top right of the screen are changing as expected with flap movement, however, when I program the various position numbers into the locations and select position mode (yes I saved as well) the flaps do not stop at the positions desired with a push of the flap down switch. Do you have to hold the switch in position until they stop?
    Also, continuous mode does not work until the flaps travel up a bit by holding the flap switch, and then they decide to retract on their own. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello Dave,

What are the AD values of each of your four calibration stops? At what AD values do the flaps actually stop in position step mode?

While it should not be necessary to hold the flap switch all the way through the travel when in either of the position step modes, to allow for switch debouncing, it is necessary to hold the switch for a small, but noticeable, fraction of a second before it will initiate the flap motor.

Hi Jonathon,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I found the up/down buttons on the bottom check-elec page to be backwards. So I reversed the polarity setting in the software and reversed the wires in the switch and now everything is happy. User error I guess. It sure acted weird though with the reversed settings.