Thread: Biannual altimeter cert per 14CFR 91.411

Biannual altimeter cert per 14CFR 91.411

How can this be accomplished on the AFS3500? It is required for flight in IMC and a certificated repair station must do it, but I don't know of any repair station which will do it in my area (Southern CA). Should I send the unit back to Advanced in Oregon?

Thanks,

Richard Kelty

There must be many shops qualified to do this in So. Cal. Just ask any local CFI or A&P or your local FSDO what shops are qualified to do it in your area.
    Ron
    Murphy Rebel / Jabiru 3300A
    Dual AF-3400s (EF/EE+AOA)
    http://n254mr.com

Brian Gerdes at 714 525-7545 of Gill Ross at 951 736-3097 Both are certified repair stations and both will come to you. They both give cash discounts and have no issues working on experimental AC

Some shops do offer roadblocks to IFR Certs in experimental aircraft with equipment that is not TSO'd. However, I can assure you we have gone through the regs line by line to ensure our product is legal in IFR conditions. It meets or exceeds the requirements of the TSO, which is all that is required. Any FAA repair station with the correct equipment set can sign you off for the IFR Cert.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com