Thread: Toga

Toga

I see that Garmin and others are selling a Take off/Go around button in their systems. I must admit I’m not sure what it does or how it works but is this something that Dynon or AFS might develop one day?
    Last edited by jkgoblue; 02-05-2021 at 08:20 AM.
    John Kazickas
    Sands Point, NY
    Glasair Sportsman N9GZ

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Servo based throttle control is within the Dynon brand vision.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Shawn,

I am also interested in a Go Around button as the current method of activating a missed approach has too many button pushes. I have to execute the Go Around on the GTN 650 for lateral tracking guidance to the MAP but ALSO engaging a vertical mode with the autopilot.

Is there a way to have ONE BUTTON to execute a Go Around then just add power like Garmin does? The Dynon HDX Manual talks about it but not a lot of specifics on how to install it or wire it.
    Last edited by Oly148; 02-17-2022 at 07:30 AM.

Go around button

No comments on above post?

TO/GA capability is planned. Even when complete it will still be necessary to separately sequence the missed on the Garmin, this just isn't something we can command the GTN to do.

Have you tried wiring a button to a GTN650 input and configuring it as Remote Go Around?

As soon as the GTN Activates a missed approach the AF-5000 autopilot will climb to the altitude bug. When I am on an approach in the RV-10 as soon as the autopilot vertical mode switches to VNAV I set the altitude bug to the missed altitude. When I use the GTN650xi in the RV-10 I need to press the Activate Missed Approach button so that the autopilot will fly the missed approach guidance from the GTN.

When I am using the Avidyne IFD550 it will automatically sequence to flying the missed approach at the MAP without any button presses
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Add the GA switch to the Garmin GTN 650 discrete pin and it's a one button pussh and the autopilot will fly the missed approach just like a Garmin autopilot.